295 Treadwell Street
$12 - 7:00PM - All Ages
Tickets: Click or pick them at Redscroll.
Known* for his work fronting the enigmatic rock band Pedro the Lion, David Bazan's emotionally charged narratives, eye for telling detail, and mournful voice have more in common with J.D. Salinger's 'Nine Stories' or Flannery O'Connor's 'Wise Blood' than with the usual lyrical slant of popular music. Bazan is a gifted storyteller, weaving parables of spiritual conflict, suburban ennui, and personal surrender into magnetic, well-crafted songs.
The ever lovely CT Indie faves Titles are opening!
More Bazan dates:
For us nothern CT peeps: Thu 05/13 – Northampton MA – The Iron Horse
20 Center Street Ages: 21+ / Doors open at 9pm, Show starts at 10pm.
Living Room shows:
Fri 05/14 – Beverly, MA – Living Room Show
Sat 05/15 – Philadelphia PA – Living Room Show
Sun 05/16 – Baltimore MD – Living Room Show
Tue 05/18 – Charlotte NC – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Wed 05/19 – Atlanta GA – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Thu 05/20 – Birmingham AL – Living Room Show
Fri 05/21 – Birmingham AL – Living Room Show
Sat 05/22 – Nashville TN @ 5pm (early show) – Living Room Show
Sat 05/22 – Nashville TN @ 8pm (late show) – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Sun 05/23 – Nashville TN – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Tue 05/25 – Chicago IL – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Wed 05/26 – Chicago IL – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Thu 05/27 – Kalamazoo MI – Living Room Show
Fri 05/28 – Toledo OH – Living Room Show
Sat 05/29 – Pittsburgh PA – Living Room Show SOLD OUT
Sun 05/30 – Washington DC – Living Room Show
What's this "Living Room Show" stuff all about? Well, Bazan explains:
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 40-45 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement would be ideal. There would need to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You should probably not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on David’s website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 40-45 people is what the average living room can hold. Ticket price will be $20.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host can have up to 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for David to sit on.
6. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to those people who purchase tickets.
7. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except David’s websites.
Hmmmmm, $20.00 is kinda steep. I usually only charge $10.00 for people to sit in my living room. Of course no one ever comes to my living room shows because my awesome dog Molly is the only performer, with her incessant hound bark not being all that hip in the indie music scene these days. Someday she'll be the coolest thing ever, and you'll all feel like chumps for having missed it. Nyah.
*PS: I was just roundly scolded by Manic for having never heard of Bazan before this show came along. Guess I've just been way too into my dog's barking.